Monday 4 May 2015

Weekends are for...

Family time!

The bank holiday weekend is upon us! To kick start the weekend on Friday evening I, my partner in crime Mr Barrett and his mum and step dad took a trip to Chiquito's, Colchester for some Mexican delights.

Having never been here to dine I had heard good reviews about the lively atmosphere, delicious Mexican food and sombrero hats and I was not disappointed. 

The restaurant itself was kitted out in accordance to the Mexican theme with Mariachi music to boot and as promised sombrero hats and stick on moustaches placed randomly around the restaurant for those lucky enough to stumble across them. 

After choosing to opt for mains and desserts I chose the chicken and pulled pork fajitas, as recommended by the waiter and for dessert the trio consisting of chocolate brownie, churros and sweet pineapple pastry.  The fajitas were delish and came served on a red hot plate with a range of fillings ready to assemble to my liking. Whilst portion sizes were reasonable I didn't feel hideously full, leaving just enough room for my dessert. Mr Barrett's whole rack of ribs on the other hand almost covered the table which he polished off like a speedy Gonzales. Unlike my main, my dessert was somewhat disappointing. As I went for the trio I felt as though I got leftovers from the main desserts and I wasn't giving any chocolate sauce for my churros - disaster! 


All in all it was a good meal, with a decent atmosphere at a reasonable price and I would recommended taking a trip there.
After we had finished off our food and wine we headed home and went to our local (the station pub) for a few more cheeky drinks! 
My outfit to Chiquitos - Dress: Forever21. Shoes: Dorothy Perkins.

On Saturday once I was finished with my driving lesson I spent the whole day shopping with my older sister (known as Dingbat) who was back from Leicester for the weekend. We were in Colchester for a good few hours shopping and I came away with two new dresses and a nomtastic bag of pic-a-mix. We also broke for lunch at the recently refurbished Yates – I recommend the roster wrap!

Dress: H&M

Dress: Miss Selfridge

1 comment:

  1. 'Very disappointed on our first visit for a meal.

    Lovely surroundings appalling over priced food.

    1) one starter cremated
    2) one main took 10 mins arrive after the others
    3) one main meal incorrect and returned
    4) the main meal that was returned arrived cold and it was chicken
    5) our drinks took too long to arrive
    6) we had to ask for more cutlery to actually eat our main meals
    7) don't order the Piri Piri prawns starter at over £6.00 I expected more than four prawns

    As lovely as it was to be offered a 3rd correct meal by that time the rest of our group had eaten and I was past caring.

    The manager was very polite and apologetic removed the items from our bill and gave us a 25% discount but never again as I'm now suffering from eating undercooked chicken.

    I felt incredibly sorry for our waitress she was doing her best unfortunately the rest of the team chef and bar staff let her down.'

    ReplyDelete